Written by Vicki Resech
The National Women’s Business Council — advisors to the President, Congress, and the Small Business Association — has designated October as Women’s Small Business Month to highlight and honor the contributions women have made to the business world and our economy.
Women’s Small Business Month
is the perfect time to kick off MCDEVCO’s new
Women Mentoring Women Entrepreneurs programing for Marathon County!
Who is MCDEVCO?
MCDEVCO, Inc., operates as a 501(c)(3) under a unique Marathon County and private partnership. We’re committed to ensuring the long-term viability of Marathon County’s economy by working closely with individual businesses, financial service providers, and municipal partners to facilitate and maximize their investment in the county.
Our mission statement — To invest in business development and community growth through the integration of resources — can be seen throughout the county in our programming.
For example, a new program undertaken by MCDEVCO is:
Women Mentoring Women Entrepreneurs
MCDEVCO will administer and coordinate a group of volunteer businesswomen to mentor new women entrepreneurs throughout Marathon County — from sole proprietors to those in small- to mid-size businesses.
This new Women Mentoring Women Entrepreneurs program will be provided free of charge and will offer:
- A reference library
- Seminars & workshops
To learn how to be a mentor, please call MCDEVCO at 715.298.0084. We’d love to hear from you!
MCDEVCO also plans to host two events to celebrate women entrepreneurs in Marathon County during Women’s Small Business Month:
- In a partnership with the YWCA Wausau, we’ll offer women a presentation by Tami Plourde, Partner and Director of Marketing & Sales for Pearl Street Brewery in La Crosse, WI. Tami will talk about Women in a Male-Dominated Field — The Beer Industry. Tami’s talk is about how after 13 years of working in the male-dominated beer industry, she has earned the respect of her peers — both male and female. This event will take place on October 10, 2017, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- The second event we’ll host will feature Allison Liddle, a Wausau native and author of a new book, Life Under Construction: Designing a Life You Love (available September 26, 2017). Allison’s talk — Life Under Construction: Empowering You to Design a Life You Love — will be an uplifting talk in which she will share her personal journey to grow herself, grow her business, and empower her life through a process she calls “The Steps to Empower Yourself.” Allison’s talk will take place on October 19, 2017, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Both events are FREE and open to all residents of Marathon County.
The talks will be held at the YWCA Wausau, 613 N. Fifth Street. Refreshments will be served, and free on-site childcare will be available.
If you would like more information, please call MCDEVCO at 715.298.0084. To register for either event, please email email@example.com.
We hope to see you at one of these great events
to celebrate Women’s Small Business Month this October!
Director of Operations | MCDEVCO, Inc.
Vicki has always been driven to help others succeed. As the Director of Operations, her goals for 2017–2018 are simple — ensure that new entrepreneurs and existing ones have the resources to start their business, to grow their business, and to have a place to go when questions arise. Blue jeans with holes in the knees and a pair of worn cowboy boots are her favorite attire, along with one of her beautiful horses beside her. Vicki loves gardening, taking long walks, photography, hiking, and camping. Email Vicki Resech.
You might also like…
- YWCA Wausau :: We’re More Than Just the Red Doors
- Central WI Book Festival Poet Mai Der Vang Among Top-10 National Book Award Finalists
- October “Evening of Jazz” Event to Celebrate Mental Health Awareness Week
Please email our Editorial Board with your comments, suggestions, and article ideas.
And if you spot a typo or an inaccuracy, please contact us so we can fix it. Thanks!